[cc-licenses] Getting to Version 3.0

Mia Garlick mia at creativecommons.org
Wed May 17 17:01:54 EDT 2006

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: version 3 - 051706.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 139309 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------

Hey all,

Attached is an outline for why and how CC proposes to version to
3.0.  As you can see, there are several reasons to version to 3.0 but
unfortunately, one-way compatibility with the FDL will not be in the
grab-bag of 3.0 goodies - we're hoping to achieve that another way.
I plan to send out the suggested draft of the version 3.0 changes in
about two weeks so I guess the discussions will commence in earnest
then but please let me know if you have any comments on the proposed
process.

More soon.
Rgds,

Mia