[cc-licenses] Can a by-NC-sa use material from a by-sa?

robinp at xtra.co.nz robinp at xtra.co.nz
Tue May 2 23:49:23 EDT 2006

I've looked at the last 7 months on this list but seen nothing quite on point.

If the only obvious difference between the licenses of two wikis is that the little one is "Non-Commercial" and the big one (eg Wikitravel) isn't, can the little one copy from the big one?

(Subject to suitable attribution, etc, of course, which I guess could include a clear statement that the original material might be available from the source for commercial use)

Robin Patterson in New Zealand