[cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?

Mia Garlick mia at creativecommons.org
Mon Mar 27 18:03:41 EST 2006

sorry, but i still don't understand this accounting practice of the
nonprofits you have worked at. you wrote:

"* Gift shop reports the gift store reports that they sold 100 000
copies of that "cool object";
* Membership reports that they have 100 000 new members;"

this was in the context of you saying that a nonprofit could sell an
NC licensed object. where is the sale occurring? how is it optional
and yet still a sale & thus getting within a loophole in the guidelines?