[cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?

Mia Garlick mia at creativecommons.org
Mon Mar 27 16:26:27 EST 2006

ok, so thanks for the helpful comments. i work at a nonprofit that
fundraises, as you know. you must work at a very interesting
nonprofit with very interesting fundraising practices.

could you perhaps explain your understanding of how fundraising at
nonprofits works and perhaps you can also respond to the rest of my
email which continued: "the object can't be sold in the gift store.
end of story. you also can't offer the NC licensed object solely in
exchange for signing on for membership - then it becomes a
conditional exchange of money, again, not an optional one."

as for (ii) - isn't that why we are having this conversation??? :-)