[cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?
jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 12:50:21 EST 2006
> Do you have any realworld examples of this that we could discuss to help improve the license terms or the guidelines?
"Say, this is a really cool object"
Gift store manager:
"Yes. Let's sell it in the gift store."
"Can't. CC-NC licence."
Fund raising manager.
"Pass it here"
A year later:
* Gift shop reports the gift store reports that they sold 100 000
copies of that "cool object";
* Membership reports that they have 100 000 new members;
* Fund raising. reports that the previous manager has gone on to
another position, having substantially increased both the revenue, and
membership levels of the organization.
* 100 000 members want to know what this organization is, that claims
they joined, and wants to get off the mailing list yesterday.
* Legal wants to know what this new membership category is all about.
Ethical conduct is a vice.
Corrupt conduct is a virtue.
Motto of Nacarima.
More information about the cc-licenses