[cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?

Jonathon Blake jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 12:50:21 EST 2006

Rob wrote:

> Do you have any realworld examples of this that we could discuss to help improve the license terms or the guidelines?

Non-Profit organization.

Enthusistic boss.
     "Say, this is a really cool object"
Gift store manager:
    "Yes.  Let's sell it in the gift store."
PHB:
   "Can't.  CC-NC licence."
Fund raising manager.
   "Pass it here"

A year later:
* Gift shop reports the gift store reports that they sold 100 000
copies of that "cool object";
* Membership reports that they have 100 000 new members;
* Fund raising.  reports that the previous manager has gone on to
another position, having substantially increased both the revenue, and
membership levels of the organization.
* 100 000 members want to know what this organization is, that claims
they joined, and wants to get off the mailing list yesterday.
* Legal wants to know what this new membership  category is all about.

xan

jonathon
--
Ethical conduct is a vice.