[cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?

Jack Nigel saoshyant at 30gigs.com
Mon Mar 27 12:41:48 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 23:26:22 +0000, "Jonathon Blake" <jonathon.blake at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you understand _all_ of the issues invloved with using the NC licence?
>
> Have you read _any_ of the guidelines --- both unofficial,
> semi-official, and unofficial -- that have been released/written by
> Creative Commons, or people on the various lists?
>
> You are absolutely sure you want to use CC-BY-NC-SA?

I wasn't aware of any major issue regarding the NC license, since I'm a new user to this list, but to be sure I wasn't screwing up I posted about my situation.

I'm willing to hear any good criticism, as well as better suggestions; and yes, you were right about my intention regarding royalties.

> Whilst I do not agree with his reasoning, his
> thesis that as implemented, all of the CC-NC licences are flawed is
> correct.  They do not protect what they appear to be protecting.

Can you offer a better suggestion?

Also, as someone else on the list asked, could you offer real-life examples of why NC is this exploitable (as you say)? I'm sorry, but I can't just take your word about it.

--Jack