[cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?

Jonathon Blake jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 20:25:03 EST 2006

Mia wrote:

> not the intention of section D or the guidelines at all.

It might not be the intention, but that is the practical effect of
that loophole.

> but the optional nature of the monetary contribution under D(1)(d) does not permit an NC licensed work to be sold.

I'll just point out that the examples demonstrate how to sell the
item, as a permitted use. Which is why i said that selling it is
clearly acceptable under D(1)(d).

> when an NC licensed work is sold, the exchange of money is _conditional_, not optional.

A technicality that is  incredibly easy to legally meet, whilst
shattering the entire spirit, and intent of the NC licence.

xan

jonathon
--
Ethical conduct is a vice.