[cc-licenses] questions about using CC licensed photos

Matt Vance mvance at pobox.com
Sat Mar 25 22:06:52 EST 2006

I just checked out the Creative Commons FAQ, but I still have a few
questions about using CC works.

I am working on a project to gather together a lot of photos from
Flickr.com on a particular theme and republish them together as a
poster. I would like to have access to as many photos as possible, for
use in the project. Am I correct in understanding that if I make my
project available under a "Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License"
then I should be safe in using photos under any of the other licenses
except the "Attribution-ShareAlike License"?

Also, is a link to the original photo on Flickr sufficient attribution?

Thanks,
Matt