[cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses

Ali Baba mail.alibaba at free.fr
Sat Mar 25 12:07:40 EST 2006

> I have written documentation for two different programs.
>
> One set of documentation is licenced under the CC-SA.
> The other set is licenced under the CC-NC-SA.
>
> There are more derivatives, and translations of the documentation
> under the CC-NC-SA licence, than the one with the CC-SA licence.
>
> Under your theory, the material under the CC-SA licence should have
> more translations, and derivatives.
>
> Can you explain why my experience contradicts your theory?

	Maybe that program is more used, or more complicated... in short
people need documentation more for one of the two programmes. Or the
documentation provided for one of the programmes is enough and there is
no need for derivatives. Etc.

	You can't drive any conclusion when the basics are different.

	To make a true experiment, one would have to release the same material
under the two different licences and see what happens.