[cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses

Jonathon Blake jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 11:12:35 EST 2006

Greg wrote:

> Which is why fans have no incentive to put a lot of work into CC-NC works, whether they have SA added to them or not.

I have written documentation for two different programs.

One set of documentation is licenced under the CC-SA.
The other set is licenced under the CC-NC-SA.

There are more derivatives, and translations of the documentation
under the CC-NC-SA licence, than the one with the CC-SA licence.

Under your theory, the material under the CC-SA licence should have
more translations, and derivatives.

Can you explain why my experience contradicts your theory?

xan

jonathon
--
Ethical conduct is a vice.