[cc-licenses] newbie question on Creative Common License: Licensor Warranty of Rights Ownership?

Evan Prodromou evan at bad.dynu.ca
Fri Mar 24 10:18:53 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 10:34:24AM +0000, rob at robmyers.org wrote:

> There is a difference between offering a warranty (which was in 1.0 and
> is a bad idea)

I just want to note that not everyone thinks it was a bad idea. I
think it's great, and I like this kind of clause in Open Source
licenses.

It's still entirely possible to use 1.0 licenses, and if you want that
kind of warranty provision, it's right now the only bet. Unless you
need something from the 2.0 or 2.5 licenses (like, say, group
attribution), I'd say use the 1.0 Attribution-ShareAlike.

~Evan