[cc-licenses] Changing the CC-license

Karl Ebener myonlyb at vollbio.de
Sun Mar 19 12:24:30 EST 2006

Hi,

tnx again. I did not find the policies-page earlier.

To make it clear for me:

1. LICENSE: "Except where noted otherwise below in our Trademark
Policy, all content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution license. We do not assert a copyright in the text of our
licenses. Modified versions of our licenses, however, should not be
labeled as 'Creative Commons' licenses."
=> the license text is NOT under the Attribution license (?! because
of "do not assert copyright in the text of our licenses"), I may
change the license text but I have to

  a. Remove the images of Creative Commons and
  b. Remove all hints to Creative Commons
  c. I may link to creativecommons.org if I make it clear that this
is not a CC license but a derivate.

2. BUTTONS: "Creative Commons License Buttons: The Creative Commons
buttons that describe a key term of our license, such as BY, NC, ND,
SA, Sampling, Sampling Plus and Noncommercial Sampling Plus may only
be used in the context of pointing to a Creative Commons license on
the Creative Commons server that includes that license term or to
otherwise describe the Creative Commons license, that includes that
license term and that applies to a particular work."
=> I cannot use the buttons since I won't use a license that is on
the homepage as such.

Is that right?

Thank you very much!!

  Karl