[cc-licenses] Question about NoDerivs licenses

Eric Garner ejgarner at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 14:25:37 EST 2006

Does a CC NoDerivs license prohibit use of a song
so-licensed in a podcast? I've seen websites for
podcasting with CC-licensed music post notices like
this on many occasions:
"Notice: Creative Commons licenses with the NoDerivs
2.0 provision permit the copy, distribution, display,
and performance of work, providing that no altering,
transforming, or building upon this work is
accomplished. Using standard DJ intros, outros and
mixing within a podcast or other Internet broadcast
does not constitute creating a derivative work."
Before I use any music with a NoDerivs license, I
would like advice on whether the above statement is
considered true.
Thanks