[cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"

Stefan Tiedje Stefan-Tiedje at addcom.de
Fri Mar 10 19:10:40 EST 2006

drew Roberts wrote:
> If it were that simple, that would be cool. If all I had to do was examine my
> heart, give a simple yes or no answer to the best of my abilities and
> everyone including the copyright owners were bound to accept my answer, that
> would be a breeze.

Actually thats what everybody wants and in general it is like that. Its
a breeze, if in doubt just ask. In the old days and officially this is
still true, a spoken word is a contract. Creating fear that you might
get sued is a business modell of lawyers, they point you to some
hypothetical danger, but crossing the street is probably much more
dangerous, be it for your life or legally...

As soon I am allowed (I might have to quit the Gema) to publish my music
under a cc license, you have herewith the written consent to use it also
for commercial purposes, (but are restricted to publish it under the
original conditions: If its NC it has to stay NC)

Stefan

--

  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]