[cc-licenses] Proposed Non-Commercial Guidelines

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Wed Mar 8 18:16:27 EST 2006

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 03:16 pm, Mia Garlick wrote:
> so i take your point that "use" is broader than the copyright rights
> & drew's earlier point that we should call a "collective work" a
> collective work rather than describing it as a work used verbatim in
> another work...the reason for not itemising each copyright right &
> for not using the term collective work from the Copyright Act was to
> try to make it less legalese and more human-readable. this is similar
> to the approach with drafting the Commons Deed. to address these
> concerns, perhaps we can include footnotes that clarify these terms
> and also include a disclaimer with the guidelines similar to that
> which we include with the Commons Deed.

Mia,

I don't remember discussing "collective work" etc. and went back for a bunch
of posts quickly and did not see it. Are you referring to my talk of the
(P) ?

If not, or if so as a matter of fact, can you give some input as to why CC
does not offer the ability to claim a (P) and then put that copyright under a
CC licence?

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/145261
Record a song and you might win $1,000.00
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145