[cc-licenses] Extending CC License

Brian Erdelyi brian_erdelyi at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 18:30:50 EST 2006

>I don't think CC is the place for this.
>CC is about giving creators licenses
>to give away some rights to their work.

I have moved the discussion to the CC meta-data discussion.  I do not want to create a EULA that allows vendors to restrict rights or impose unfair conditions.  I merely want to determine a standard language for describing common characteristics currently being used.

>EULA's are, well, evil. You buy something

They certainly can be.  As I'm merely capturing the current state of EULAs, I'm not judging or restricting what terms or conditions a vendor chooses.  I want to improve consumer awareness so they can be better informed when deciding whether or not to install software.

Brian