[cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses

Jonathon Blake jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 17:58:13 EST 2006

Drew wrote:

> Greg, you do not specifically address his point though. I think from what you are saying, you would tell him to just use BY-NC and he will get the same bang for the buck as BY-NC-SA, the thing is, he is considering only BY-NC-ND or BY-NC-SA.

This is an issue I have touched upon before.

Based upon the feedback I've had, people do not understand the BY-NC
licence.   [Their questions invariably are

i) Can I redistribute this?
ii) Can I make an extract of this?

With either BY-NC-ND or BY-NC-SA, the question I get is "I want to use
this in my church. Is that OK.?"

xan

jonathon
--