[cc-licenses] Extending CC License

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Tue Mar 7 16:47:13 EST 2006

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 03:05 pm, Brian Erdelyi wrote:
> Terry,
>
> Indeed, the terms I summarized may be harmful.  I'm not encouraging the use
> of such terms, rather, users of software with these terms need more
> awareness.  These terms do exist.
>
> As you pointed out, I am trying to *document* or *describe* existing end
> user license agreements to provide consumer awareness when they contain
> terms that impact control over the user's experience, privacy and system
> security.  I'm not judging whether the terms are legal, enforcable or
> appropriate... I'm merely acknowledging that these potentially harmful
> terms exist and consumers need help identifying them.  Once identified,
> other advocacy groups can advise and recommend what terms to accept or not.
>
> Once in a system readable format (RDF/XML) there can be additional tools
> developed to notify, warn and advise users about the license.
>
> So, it seems I should be focusing on the meta-data schema and a CC-like
> deed.
>
> How is the CC meta-data extended to describe these additional
> characteristics of existing software?

An online database where a user could put in the name of a program and see
what elements are in the EULA could be an eye opener for many. (How could one
keep up with the ever changing EULA though?

> Brian

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/145261
Record a song and you might win $1,000.00
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145