[cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses

Jonathon Blake jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 14:20:59 EST 2006

Greg wrote:

> In my opinion, NC-SA is pointless and might as well just be NC,

I use the NC-SA licence.
My "document" is roughly 5 000 pages long.
If somebody wants to distribute a 20 page extract, they can do so
under the NC-SA licence.   With an NC-ND licence they could not do so.

The SA part allows people to redistribute just the sections that they want to.
[I use the NC in a futile attempt to prevent yet another first edition
of my material that is commercially published from also being a
pirated, unattributed work.]

xan

jonathon
--