[cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"

Mia Garlick mia at creativecommons.org
Tue Mar 7 12:40:15 EST 2006

how to implement this is a big and important question. the current
thinking is that, as mike mentioned, we build a wizard and let people
work through it & then give us feedback as to whether they believe
that the wizard is accurate as to what is & is not a commercial use.
once we have this feedback then we can further develop the
guidelines. ultimately, they would be incorporated as a link to the
license generator & the commons deed as a illustrative guidelines -
this way, licensors could view them when applying the license to
their work & users could view them when using a CC-licensed work &
thus, the guidelines would form a basis for the bargain between the
parties.

as i think we've mentioned, the purpose is not to impose a rigid
standard but to set out some parameters that deal with some of the
easier cases....