[cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"

Jaroslaw Lipszyc jl at creativecommons.pl
Tue Mar 7 03:12:07 EST 2006

Adam Fields wrote:

> But I did want to comment on this. What about a license that allows
> free NC uses, but also prevents the copyright holder from commercial
> use as well?

This is non-sense. Nobody benefits from it, and result is less freedom
for everybody. What Greg says is, that we are really bad in making works
free and creating sharing community ("gift ecenomy" means exactly that).
THere are licenses which are very good in both. And - as i understand
this - we should actively promote those licenses because now we are not
doing it and results are far from perfect. It's that easy.
greets
Jaroslaw Lipszyc