[cc-licenses] Proposed Constitutional Amendment to Creative Commons

Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.COM
Mon Mar 6 20:53:39 EST 2006

	¡Hello!

	¿How Fare You?

	----

	In order to create a true creative commons, all users of licenses
Creative Commons have these two freedoms:

	1.	-	The right to share without limit, at least noncommercially any
work licensed with any license from Creative Commons.
	2.	-	The right to create unlimited derivative works, at least
nonconcommercially of works licensed with any license Creative Commons.

	----

	All laws (licenses) starting with version three would have be
compliant with the constitutional amendment.  The only nonderivative
license would be CC-BY-ND and it would state quite clearly in the
license that the ND does not apply to noncommercial use of the work.

	This way we can have a true creative commons of free culture.  Dead
ends like the current ND-licenses do not allow for reuse, so do
nothing to enrich the creative commons from which we can build new
derivative works.

	The organization is called Creative Commons, after all else.

	¡Thanks!

	¡Pax!

	¡Health!

	¡Bye!

	—

	Ŭalabio‽

--

	―	"It is enough that the people know there was an election.  The
people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the

	―	"I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to
the president next year."
	―
	Walden Wally O'Dell, Chairman and CEO of Diebold.Com ― Self-
service, security, election and service solutions