[cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Mon Mar 6 17:35:46 EST 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 05:14 pm, Adam Fields wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 05:07:17PM -0500, drew Roberts wrote:
> > On Monday 06 March 2006 04:44 pm, Adam Fields wrote:
> > > On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 04:35:53PM -0500, drew Roberts wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Curious. Why is that not evident? By definition, everything a
> > > for-profit corporation does is commercial.
> >
> > Perhaps, but definition does not always match with reality. Should we
> > always go with definition?
>
> Now you've lost me. Can you give me an example of what you mean?

Well, for a good while I ran my business, which I have because the government
here does not like me to consider myself to be ad-hoc labour for hire as a
sole proprietor, after a while, for one reason or another, I incorporated.
After all these years, I am still the only "employee" and pretty much the
sole shareholder. (In this country, it isn't relly possible as I understand
it to actually be the sole shareholder, but I have all but a very few.)

Now, this corporation exists to serve me and my life and not just to make
money. I can do things with it that don't relate to profit or pr and brand as
Mia refers to in another post. I honestly do things with it that are not
geared to commercial. Now, it may be that by definition, everything I do
through the company is of a commercial nature, but in reality, that is not
always true. Now, anyone may choose to believe or disbelieve this as they
will, but that is one example.

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/145261
Record a song and you might win $1,000.00
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145