[cc-licenses] CC User License?

Mia Garlick mia at creativecommons.org
Mon Mar 6 15:16:52 EST 2006

use of an indemnity clause has been debated & rejected precisely
because CC is about encouraging use and reuse of CC licensed content.
an indemnity clause such as this would chill downstream use and be
anti-user even if it could be practically enforced.

also "any and all damages" would include indirect damages which most
contracting parties seek to exclude in negotiated contracts.