[cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"

Adam Fields cc-licenses345982 at aquick.org
Mon Mar 6 13:59:27 EST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:48:27AM -0800, Mike Linksvayer wrote:
[...]
> Reuse metrics are very hard to come by.  I don't even think I've heard
> of any for free/open source software, though with a large corpus of
> source code it should be possible do some brute force analysis.  One of
> the reasons we developed ccMixter was to show the world that building
> reuse tracking into a content site is practical, thus making reuse
> tracking possible.  We're encouraging this practice to spread, see
> http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5784
[...]

I raised an earlier question, which I think is a good one. If people
aren't reusing content, why not? What rights would they like that they
either aren't getting or which they may have but aren't clear?

--
				- Adam

** Expert Technical Project and Business Management
**** System Performance Analysis and Architecture
****** [ http://www.adamfields.com ]

[ http://www.aquick.org/blog ] ............ Blog
[ http://www.adamfields.com/resume.html ].. Experience