[cc-licenses] cc-licenses Digest, Vol 36, Issue 5

Adam Fields cc-licenses345982 at aquick.org
Sun Mar 5 21:45:47 EST 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 10:20:22PM +0000, ??alabio??? wrote:
[...]
> 	CC-BY-NC-ND is not reasonable.  If fans like the the universe the
> author creates so much that they fill in the blanks with
> noncommercial fanfiction, then the author should be pleased that
> people love the work so much.  If a stupid asshole of an author sues
> fans over noncommercial fanfiction, the author should not be
> surprised if the sued fans stop buying the stories ? the author can
> always get a job for minimum wage unclogging sewers.
>
> 	Those authors are only using CC-BY-NC-ND because Creative Commons is
> trendy.  They should either commit to a real license like CC-BY-NC or
> CC-BY-NC-SA or just go with all rights reserved.

I license my photographs using a CC-BY-NC-ND license. I want people to
make as many copies of them as they'd like, not make money off of
them, and not alter them without permission. I don't necessarily want
them being incorporated into other works in ways I don't agree with,
without my knowledge or approval.

Is this contrary to the spirit of creative commons?

--
				- Adam

** Expert Technical Project and Business Management
**** System Performance Analysis and Architecture
****** [ http://www.adamfields.com ]

[ http://www.aquick.org/blog ] ............ Blog
[ http://www.adamfields.com/resume.html ].. Experience