[cc-licenses] Creative Commons & Copyleft question?

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Wed Aug 30 16:12:00 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 30 August 2006 03:59 pm, Peter Brink wrote:
> drew Roberts skrev:
> >>
> >> It's based on what the law says, not what we say.
> >> Aggregate and collective works are legal concepts,
> >> not just some choice we made.

> >> And the law says otherwise.
> >
> > Yes, but could we not make the stipulation that they must be treated as
> > derivative works if the other party wants a license without negotiation?
> > Sort of what is done with the sync rights with songs and videos/movies?
> > (Not saying we should or shouldn't just asking if we can or can't.)
>
> Sure - we could do that, but that would have the side effect of making
> it impossible to aggregate works licensed under different copyleft
> licenses. You would not, for example, be able to create a webpage
> generated by a GPL php-script, including a few CC-BY photos and
> containing a CC-BY-SA text.

Like I think I said, I was not advocating that it should be done, just
pointing out that I thought it could be done. You seem to agree that it could
be done. I think someone else was doing the advocating.

> /Peter Brink

(da idea man)
http://www.ourmedia.org/node/145261
Record a song and you might win $1,000.00
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145