[cc-licenses] Version 3.0 - Public Discussion

Evan Prodromou evan at prodromou.name
Mon Aug 14 18:12:39 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-13-08 at 20:18 +0200, Karl Ebener wrote:
> I don't think, Charlie has a problem in the first scenario : He can
> still take the work and transfer it to his iSuck-format himself and
> hear it on his iSuck-Player.

Ah, but the iSuck player's SuckIt! (TM) DRM system only plays works that
are digitally signed by a distributor who is explicitly authorized by
the iSuck Corporation (as shown by the iSuck Corp signature on said
distributor's encryption key). Authorization costs US$250,000.

Bob is an authorized distributor; his library paid the distributor fee
so that they could share Free Culture works with the iSuck-owning
public.

~Evan

--
Evan Prodromou <evan at prodromou.name>