[cc-licenses] Version 3.0 - Public Discussion

Paul Keller paul at waag.org
Fri Aug 11 15:00:22 EDT 2006

On Aug 11, 2006, at 8:52 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-11-08 at 19:28 +0100, Rob Myers wrote:
>> And the PSP is not positioned as a media player. Sony's mistake,
>> but there you are. The better example is the iPod, which can be
>> handled more effectively by not allowing DRM distribution but
>> giving a special exception for rendering works inaccessible on
>> devices they cannot be removed on (an "iPod exception").
> I don't follow that. Can you unpack that a bit?
>> That would be more "pragmatic"...
> I'm not sure I understand how.

i dont get this either.  at least my ipod plays mp3s just fine no
need to drm stuff to play on my ipod.... only situation where drm/tpm
is required is when i want to sell something through the ITMS. why
should i allow others to sell stuff i release under a CC license
through the ITMS?
/paul

> ~Evan

waag society | nieuwmarkt 4 | NL - 1012 CR amsterdam
e: paul at waag.org | t: +31 20 557 9898 | f: +31 20 557 9880