Sampling vs Derivative

Chris Morris the.chrismo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:19:26 EDT 2005

Does the sampling license allow me to make a derivative work, like the
attribution or share-alike varieties? If there's a distinction, is
there some sort of FAQ documentation helping to define the
differences?

For example, I made a derivative work of Funktifyno's Funkberry Jam by
just adding a keyboard track to the existing piece. Can I do the same
thing with material under either of the sampling licenses used at CC
Mixter, or is just adding a keyboard track to the entirety of a track
too similar to fall under 'sampling'?

--
Chris
http://cministries.org/cstudios