proposal: cc-discuss

Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
Sat May 29 18:59:36 EDT 2004

    > I'd like to propose a new mailing list, hosted by ibiblio.org
    > but under the Creative Commons aegis.

    > It'd be geared to discussions of the creative commons (the idea)
    > and Creative Commons (the organization) in general.

    > The point would be to move some traffic from cc-licenses
    > (admittedly, not particularly high-traffic, but still), so
    > nit-picky discussions of fine points of the CC licenses could
    > stay here, but more general ideas about Open Content, the public
    > domain, copyright policy, intellectual property in general, news
    > mentions of Creative Commons, and other non-license discussion
    > could be collected elsewhere.

    > As it stands, I'd guess maybe 20-40% of the discussion on this
    > list is not specifically about the CC licenses themselves.

    > I'd pick cc-discuss, cc-chat, cc-general, or something like that
    > for the list name, but it's not terribly important.

I second your  proposal.  Very often I'd like  to discuss some general
concepts  but I refrain from  posting here,  since I've already posted
quite off-topic messages enough and I'd rather avoid continuing. ;)

`cc-general' seems a good name to me.

bye,

Andrea Glorioso                      andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
AGNULA Technical Manager                 http://www.agnula.org/
M: +39 333 820 5723                     F: +39 (0)51 930 31 133
      "Libre Audio, Libre Video, Libre Software: AGNULA"