2.0

Peter Prohaska pitrp at wg78.de
Wed May 26 02:49:47 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 05:28:04PM -0700, Glenn Otis Brown wrote:
> ***Share Alike Across Borders
>
> Version 2.0 licenses that feature the Share Alike requirement now
> clarify that derivatives may be re-published under one of three types
> of licenses: (1) the exact same license as the original work; (2) a
> later version of the same license as the original work; (3) an

I think that point (2) dangerous.  I personally prefer licenses that
under no circumstances change their meaning.

At least the open source software folks among us will know the debate
and notice that this is one of the major differences between GPL and OSL
i.e.

Be prepared to loose users here.
The rest seems very nice at first glance. Thanks.

- peter