SourceForge and CreativeCommons

Evan Prodromou evan at wikitravel.org
Fri Jun 4 15:52:52 EDT 2004

    GL> I don't think attribution would meet the OSD.

I asked on the license-discuss mailing list about this, and was
referred to the Attribution Assurance License, an OSI-approved
license:

         http://opensource.org/licenses/attribution.php

Probably worth noting is the following clause:

         2. Redistributions of the Code in binary form must be
         accompanied by this GPG-signed text in any documentation and,
         each time the resulting executable program or a program
         dependent thereon is launched, a prominent display (e.g.,
         splash screen or banner text) of the Author's attribution
         information, which includes:

         (a) Name ("AUTHOR"),
         (b) Professional identification ("PROFESSIONAL IDENTIFICATION"), and
         (c) URL ("URL").

I believe that's actually more than CC's Attribution license element
requires.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan at wikitravel.org>