[Cc-it] welcome and guidelines for discussion

Christiane Asschenfeldt christiane a creativecommons.org
Mer 19 Nov 2003 17:24:47 EST

Welcome to the discussion of the Creative Commons licenses in Italy!
It is my great pleasure to present to you Prof. Marco Ricolfi and Marco
Ciurcina, our project leads.

I would appreciate it, if you took the time to read the following
suggestions for
the use of the mailing list. They have proven valuable in other Creative
Commons
countries.

1) We suggest you bookmark important emails for future reference.
For example:
http://creativecommons.org/projects/international/it/translated-license
is the first draft of the translation/adaptation.
You will most likely return to it often, as it is the centerpiece of the
discussion.
Please bookmark it now for efficiency.
Also:
http://creativecommons.org/projects/international/it/english-changes
is the re-translation of the license plus the explanation of what
substantive
legal changes were made. It may prove useful to bookmark this, too.

2) Please try and keep your emails relatively short and limited to one
subject
per email. This will prevent others from being overwhelmed, and will help
catch up on discussions they may have missed. This approach provides
the additional benefit that you will be able to link back to previous
emails by
subject very easily (as demonstrated above).

3)  Please limit your suggestions and comments to things that will help
the licenses
fit into Italian law. The role of the discussion is not to second-guess
either
Creative Commons' general policy or the philosophy reflected in the
licenses.
It's aim is to change the licenses the least amount possible to make it
concord with
Italian law. Suggestions that go beyond this goal will most likely not
affect the
final license.

The first line of judgment on what changes are accepted is Prof.
Ricolfi's and Marco Ciurcina's.
The final judgment is Creative Commons' and will be reached with
Prof. Ricolfi's and Marco Ciurcina's help.

4) Please feel free to ask general question about the licenses in the
cc-licenses
mailing list. Part of the fun of this discussion will be, I hope, that we
get to
compare the quirks and eccentricities of our respective nations'
copyright laws.
I expect the archived discussions to serve as a history of this
experience.
That way, your input will continue to be useful to anyone from any
country even
after the discussion in Italy is completed.

I hope that these suggestions will help to make the discussion free and
healthy,
yet focused on suggested changes to the licenses.

Thank you very much. It's now Prof. Ricolfi's and Marco Ciurcina's
discussion to lead,
all the best,
Christiane

Christiane Asschenfeldt