[Cc-it] sul significato del progetto iCommons

pinna pinna a autistici.org
Mer 31 Dic 2003 10:51:44 EST

inoltro qui questo scambio di messaggi, avvenuto sulla lista generale di
discussione del progetto Creative Commons, che riguarda il senso e il
valore del processo di internazionalizzazione delle licenze CC

se qualcuno desidera una traduzione lo faccia sapere :)

ciao
pinna

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:02:45 -0500 (EST)
From: cc-licenses-request a lists.ibiblio.org
To: cc-licenses a lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: cc-licenses Digest, Vol 9, Issue 13

Evan Prodromou wrote:
> So, I find the whole iCommons thing really confusing. If my Work is
> under a Creative Commons license, isn't that a world-wide license? Or
> is that only the USA?

A current CC license may be used worldwide, just like any free software
license drafted in the US (AFAIK that's the case for every significant
free software license).

The iCommons legal ports allow you to choose a license fine-tuned to a
specific legal regime, should you feel the need.  I doubt a typical
open-to-the-world website would want to do such a thing, but it could be
important to institutions operating in/under a given jurisdiction, for
example.

(Of course I'm not a lawyer, let alone an international copyright
lawyer, so take LSD above my non-advice!)

> Is iCommons localization to particular legal jurisdictions, or just
> translation to different languages?

The former.

--
   Mike Linksvayer