[Cc-it] Re: [eucd] [NEWS] Nascita del Digital Media Project (DMP)

Niels Vestergaard Jensen nvj a fys.ku.dk
Mer 10 Dic 2003 20:40:24 EST

[I have no idea of whether I can reply to all these lists - feel free to
forward]

Chariglione (IIRC former SDMI - infamous Felten dispute) has already made
up his mind, and I think we should rightfully criticize him for that.

The work plan laid out clearly presupposes the conclusion that DRM is the
solution, the question is only how it can be "interoperable" and
"acceptable to end users". As if.

DRM is physically impossible and the ever more desperate attempts at
pushing it through will only prolong and worsen the current "digital media
stalemate" while hurting competition, fair use and cultural growth. I have
no intention of becoming Charigliones poster boy for the purpose of
promoting it.

best regards,

	Niels, Digital Consumer Denmark
	niels a digitalforbruger.dk