[Cc-ie] BBC Creative Archive - How can RTE be convinced todo thesame ?

adam beecher lists at beecher.net
Thu Apr 14 19:23:01 EDT 2005

> What's the length of time in Ireland before this content goes
> into the public domain ?

Somebody said recently on Boards that it's 70 years, but I think that's just
Sonny Bono news rubbing off on them. I've seen copyright defined "generally"
as life of author + 50 years, but I don't think that applies here. In other
words, I don't know. :) Darius probably does.

I won't get into podcasting and other stuff, I'm not into it tbh (RSS a
little, but not fanatically). In general, however, I get the feeling that
RTE likes to think of itself more and more as a "little bit BBC", and that
could work in our favour.

TBH, I don't think it would be a good idea to push them on /how/ they
deliver the content at the outset, just that it's released under a CC-like
or even CC licence. The licence is the important thing.

adam