[Cc-ie] CC license for Ireland

Antoin O Lachtnain antoin at eire.com
Tue Jan 20 05:21:48 EST 2004

Hi there,

I've been looking at the draft CC licence. Looks good to me.

However, one issue I've come across in the CC debate elsewhere that may be
relevant in the Irish context (though I'm not sure) is the idea of 'moral
rights'. Moral rights are not  a traditional component of Irish copyright
law, though they have been introduced through EU law.

What should the CC say about moral rights? Nothing? A waiver? Some
statement of the nature of the treatment expected under moral rights?

Antoin.

Antoin O Lachtnain
antoin at eire.com