[cc-devel] Status of the official CC Wordpress plugin

Tarmo Toikkanen tarmo.toikkanen at iki.fi
Fri Jul 26 08:47:56 EDT 2013

What's happened so far:

Haven't heard any comments from BjornW yet. I contacted the original author, first CTO Nathan Yergler, but even he is unable to make changes to the existing plugin in Wordpress Codex, since the account is keyed to his now nonexistent @creativecommons.org mail account. And the current CTO, Nathan Kinkade, just left CC, so we're in a bit of an impasse. I sent email to Dan to see if he can help recover the email confirmation message that would allow someone to edit the plugin, but he hasn't responded - probably busy with many other things.

I'm happy doing my own thing with the plugin, but I'm still thinking it would make sense to have a concerted effort and rebuild the official plugin and to get it to be available on wordpress.com blogs. This will not happen unless the CC as an organization is behind the plugin. But I guess technical work is a bit stalled right now due personnel changes.

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
tarmo at iki.fi
http://tarmo.fi