[cc-devel] Adding wikiprojects to search.creativecommons.org

Maarten Zeinstra mz at kl.nl
Thu Jul 25 04:37:35 EDT 2013

Hi list,

I met a Dutch initiative that wants to start a Spotify like service for textbooks in the Netherlands and that is exploring CC licensed textbooks. I pointed them to initiatives like Project Gutenberg, Wikisource and Wikibooks. It occurred to me that we do not include these in search.creativecommons.org, while they are almost similar to Wikimedia Commons.

Should we add at least Wikisource and Wikibooks, (Gutenberg could have copyright issues outside the US) and use our internal language switch as the language switch at those projects?

Cheers,

Maarten

--
Kennisland | www.kennisland.nl | t +31205756720 | m +31643053919 | @mzeinstra