[cc-devel] Public Domain Mark added to the CC REST API

John Doig john at creativecommons.org
Wed Nov 17 20:12:32 EST 2010

Hey everyone,

This morning we introduced support for the Public Domain Mark in the CC
REST API. To start testing the Public Domain Mark in your projects, your
code will need to be configured to use the staging endpoint of the CC
REST API web service at http://api.creativecommons.org/rest/staging/.

Keep in mind, that the staging version of the API should be considered
unstable and only used for application testing and development.
Production applications should use the current stable version, as the
staging API can and will change.

To access the Public Domain Mark in the API, make calls to URLs under
the new license class, `mark`.

For example:

http://api.creativecommons.org/rest/staging/license/mark
http://api.creativecommons.org/rest/staging/license/mark/get

For more information about this release, please consult the API
documentation:
http://api.creativecommons.org/docs/readme_staging.html

If you come across any issues, feel free to send me an email or file a
bug under the "API" project on our issue tracker:
http://code.creativecommons.org/issues/issue?@dispname=API&@filter=project&project=21

Regards,
- John Doig
- JED3 at irc://irc.freenode.net/cc