[cc-devel] ccREL in OAI-PMH

Maarten Zeinstra mz at kl.nl
Wed Jun 30 10:37:25 EDT 2010

Thanks I will use it like this for the moment,

Would it be a good idea to look into an xsd for ccREL?

There is already a good human readable guideline, but as far as I can find no automated way of checking the validity of data structured in ccREL.

Looking deeper into OAI-PMH I see that they have some structures available to put rights informationan, although this refers to the metadata itself not the object is describes.
Adoption of ccREL in a future version of OAI-PMH could benefit the use of ccREL greatly as well as giving archives a way to more accurately describes the rights status of the works they put out there.

Cheers,

Maarten Zeinstra

Kennisland | Knowledgeland
T: +31.20.575.6720 | E: mz at kl.nl