[cc-devel] bug or feature? Old license urls don't resolve to deed but to CC homepage.

Burobjorn burobjorn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 11:51:55 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm working on some legacy code wich included the CC license urls into a
database. Upon checking those urls today, I noticed that these urls do
not redirect to the license deed, but instead to the CC.org homepage. Is
this intentional or a bug?

The url I tried is this one:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd-nc/2.0/nl/deed.nl

If this is intentional I would suggest reconsidering this behaviour as
there is quite a lot of 'old' media aka books, cds etc using the older
license urls which now do not point to the correct license deed. This
would confuse people expecting license information.

Software is easy to upgrade, sold books and cds is a bit harder ;)

All the best,

grtz
BjornW

met vriendelijke groet,
Bjorn Wijers

* b u r o b j o r n .nl *
digitaal vakmanschap | digital craftsmanship

Concordiastraat 68-126
3551 EM Utrecht
The Netherlands

phone: +31 30 2444 101