[cc-devel] CC repo public key

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Tue Sep 23 14:53:02 EDT 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, Burobjorn wrote:

> I'm probably an idiot, but I could not get the correct key to work with
> the CC repository.

I'm pretty lame for taking a week to reply to this.

> I get:
>
> W: GPG error: http://mirrors.creativecommons.org hardy Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY 51A2E86C1B01F328

Did you do the "First Step: Add our key"?  I just tried this on a fresh
Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" install and it worked okay for me.  It's important to
follow all the steps in order...

> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

Indeed, did you try running apt-get update as is mentioned in the third
line of "First step"?

-- Asheesh.

--
Satire is tragedy plus time.