[cc-devel] [ cctools-Feature Requests-1845430 ] PHP short tags randomly in code?

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 6 05:45:43 EDT 2008

Feature Requests item #1845430, was opened at 2007-12-06 04:02
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tunalicker
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=559969&aid=1845430&group_id=80503

not just the latest update.
Category: ccHost
Group: None

Initial Comment:
some people think PHP short tags are just fine.
I am strongly opposed to them.

Before I install any software, I search and replace any code I get for < ? and spaces after or a return line.
and replace with the full tag: < ? p h p

http://news.php.net/php.general/258748
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=21497
to avoid the convoluted and unpleasant conversations from both sides of the issue, I just don't use software with PHP short tags. I use them for XML when required. There is where I find it useful to have a separation. I can search code for the bracket and question mark alone and find the XML I'm after (site-wide searches for example).
otherwise bug hunting in other people's code is one-step more difficult...