[cc-devel] physical space contracts/ CC+ license & non-profits or charity of choice/ iarts.CC

Jamison Young jam at iarts.cc
Thu Jan 17 14:28:36 EST 2008

Hi,

I wrote this article on Icommons back last year looking at licenses
for artists and physical spaces. Is creative commons interested in
creating this kind of contract for venues to use sometime in the
future?  http://www.icommons.org/articles/contracts-for-artists-
physical-spaces

1)-Contract that the artist signs to tell the venue that the artist
is not with rights organization and shall perform only original
content at the venue.

2)-Contract that the artist signs that allows the venue to use the
recorded music of that artist in that venue free of charge. It would
be up to the artist to let the venue know if in the future the artist
joined a rights organization.

I posted this (bellow) on iCommons mail list already, then realized
that this mail list is the place for it to go.

I wondered if any mock-ups might be created for non-profits/charities
to integrate the CC+(+) license to their organization http://
wiki.creativecommons.org/Ccplus ? I see that mock-ups have been made
for some of the established sites.  Can the CC+ license be for Non-
Profit/Charities also? in that i mean artists giving up (part of or
all % return) commercial rights to a charity of choice? I also
wondered if this license might potentially integrate into works
registered with rights organizations outside the US or if this
license could be adapted to do that? CC have myspace listed as
potentially using this license. A lot of artists on myspace would be
interested to give up commercial rights to a charity of choice at the
click of a button within their profile. The license would have to be
non-exclusive and not like a regular CC license. does that all make
sense? you can check out the node at the link http://
www.hungryartists.org

Also: Next month in Oslo i'm told that a project from the http://
www.iarts.CC shall start being developed at the university. artist