[cc-devel] wpLicense in Wordpress 2.3.2

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Wed Jan 16 17:19:00 EST 2008

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, Schalk Neethling wrote:

> Greetings everyone,
>
> I am unable top get the wpLicense Wordpress plugin to function on my
> blogs. I have tried the standard way of simply selecting the type of
> license under the options menu and ticking the box to include it in the
> standard footer as well as, using the special function
> licenseHtml($display=True).
>
> I am using verion 0.9 of wpLicense. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry about the delay in my reply.  When you say it doesn't "function",
what does it do instead?

Also, I think you need JavaScript enabled to use current versions of
WpLicense.  You can test this by going to maps.google.com and entering
your address and scrolling around; if you can move the map by clicking and
dragging, then JavaScript is working properly.  (If not, do let me know.)

Back to your WordPress setup: Does WpLicense show up as an option in the
plugins page?  Is it enabled there?

Under "Options" is there a "Content license" tab?  If so, have you changed
the radio button from "No license" to "Creative Commons"?  Do you see a
license chooser?  What happens when you choose a license?

Sorry you're having trouble, and I hope we can resolve this.

-- Asheesh.

--
"He was a modest, good-humored boy.  It was Oxford that made him insufferable."