[cc-devel] Error with cli-tools (Nathan Yergler)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Wed Jan 16 18:00:57 EST 2008

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, Guillaume LATORRE wrote:

> This is the mp3 file which failed.
>
> If it's the mp3 file which has problem, could you tell me what are the
> parameters which work?

Hi Guillaume, sorry about the long delay in my reply.

I just tried opening the file using mplayer, and it plays fine.  It seems
to have no ID3 tags according to the 'id3v2' program.

liblicense does properly set the ID3 WCOP tag in this file.  Curiously,
eyeD3 thinks that your MP3 has duration 0 minutes, 0 seconds, whereas
mplayer plays it just fine.

I think that you should email a link to the MP3 file to Travis Shirk
<travis at pobox.com>, since he is the author of eyeD3, and ask him if eyeD3
can be fixed to work with your file.  It'd be nice to fix that.

But it's not strictly necessary - liblicense does work fine with your MP3,
and in general I (now) recommend using it over cli_tools.

-- Asheesh.

--
Illiterate?  Write today, for free help!