[cc-devel] liblicense 0.5
asheesh at creativecommons.org
Tue Jan 15 13:46:02 EST 2008
I'm happy to announce liblicense 0.5. Summary: Now this is worth
This release features a huge amount of great work by:
Contributors: Hubert Figuiere <hub at figuiere.net>
Nathan Yergler <nathan at creativecommons.org>
Peter Miller <millerp at canb.auug.org.au>
Scott Shawcroft <scott.shawcroft at gmail.com>
Jason Kivlighn <jkivlighn at gmail.com>
Most important things about this release:
* Uses SONAME versioning and provides an ABI guarantee - if you link to
liblicense.so.1 from here on out, you'll get back an ABI-compatible
library even if has code updates.
* Fixes many, many segfaults! (It used to segfault if you asked it to
read (for example) a corrupt JPEG.)
* RDF for licenses has been dramatically cleaned up by CC CTO Nathan
* Adds module shutdown function.
* More flexible API - fewer helper functions, more generic functions.
* We're (fairly) careful about only exporting ll_* symbols.
* Mostly C89 compliant, particularly by not relying on variable-sized
array feature of C99.
* Support environment variables that override the plugin or license RDF
paths for flexibility in strange deployment scenarios.
You can download it from SourceForge:
There is no proverb that is not true.
More information about the cc-devel