[cc-devel] [ cctools-Bugs-2467737 ] liblicense errors in rpmlint

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 25 21:16:48 EST 2008

Bugs item #2467737, was opened at 2008-12-25 21:16
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=559966&aid=2467737&group_id=80503

not just the latest update.
Category: liblicense
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The following rpmlint errors in liblicense prevent more from packaging 0.8.1 in openSUSE.

I: Program is likely to break with new gcc. Try -fno-strict-aliasing.
W: liblicense strict-aliasing-punning liblicense.c:620
E: liblicense 64bit-portability-issue flac.c:35

I: Program is using implicit definitions of special functions.
   these functions need to use their correct prototypes to allow
   the lightweight buffer overflow checking to work.
     - Implicit memory/string functions need #include <string.h>.
     - Implicit *printf functions need #include <stdio.h>.
     - Implicit *printf functions need #include <stdio.h>.
     - Implicit *read* functions need #include <unistd.h>.
     - Implicit *recv* functions need #include <sys/socket.h>.
E: liblicense implicit-fortify-decl licenses_cached.c:165, 169, 250